An Amazing Lack of Self Awareness
I've switched over to my second blog because my readership through facebook is down about 80% for the last three postings. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. Here is an opinion piece by Yalie math major David Leonhardt writing from Budapest. He thinks the Republicans are the authoritarian party here. He compares us to the right wing government in Hungary. Here's his complaint about the Hungarian Prime Minister, Viktor Orbán: What Orbán has done is to squash political competition . He has gerrymandered and changed election rules, so that he doesn’t need a majority of votes to control the government. He has rushed bills through Parliament with little debate. He has relied on friendly media to echo his message and smear opponents. He has stocked the courts with allies. He has overseen rampant corruption. He has cozied up to Putin. To justify his rule, Orbán has cited external threats — especially Muslim immigrants and George Soros, the Jewish Hungarian-born investor —...

Comments
Post a Comment